A few favorites from June...
June 30, 2009
June 26, 2009
For our big trip this year we kept it in Texas and headed to the beach for the first time together - the itinerary is below, for more pictures click here. Enjoy!
Friday, June 19th
- Drove to Austin after dropping Duncan in Haslet
- Dinner at Hyde Park Bar and Grill with Maggie then drinks on one of our favorite patios - Opal Divine's at Penn Station
Saturday, June 20th
- Started the vacation by touring the San Antonio Missions - drove the whole mission road, stopping for pictures at San Juan and Conception
- Played tourist at the Riverwalk, walked the river stopping for lunch at Cafe Rio, complete with a Johnny Cash-style mariachi band serenade
- Visited The Alamo (along with a million of our closest friends), then enjoyed hurricanes on the patio at Pat O'Briens before driving to New Braunfels
- Went to dinner with Earl and Evelyn at the Gristmill in Gruene before ending the evening with a few games of Wahoo
Sunday, June 21st
- Made our way to the beach after breakfast with E&E
- Stopped in Corpus for a trip to the Texas State Aquarium and USS Lexington followed by lunch and live music on the bay at Pier 99
- Continued on to Rockport and checked into our charming little hotel - The Lighthouse Inn, a small hotel right on the water that we highly recommend
- Enjoyed a unique fresh fish dinner at The Boiling Pot - and probably the best meal of the trip - yum!!!
- Walked through Rockport, stopped for dessert, then headed back to the inn for a swim
Monday, June 22nd
- Breakfast at the inn then relaxed with coffee on the hotel pier
- Explored the Rockport Beach Park in town then enjoyed lunch - and spotted a few dolphins - on the patio at Moon Dog's
- Relaxed at the inn and enjoyed another swim
Tuesday, June 23rd
- Left super early to drive back to DFW, enjoyed the sunrise over the bay along the way and turned at 7 1/2 hour drive into 6!